Audition and Housing Information
To set up an in person audition fill out the AUDITION REQUEST form or call 301-608-2232.
If you are unable to attend an in-person audition, please CLICK HERE to fill out the application and upload your video. If you prefer to mail in your DVD, please complete the application and then indicate the date the DVD was mailed. Media submitted without completing the online application will not be processed. Results are generally emailed within one week of receiving your application and video. Please adhere to the following guidelines:
Video should be no more than 10 minutes in length.
- Only perform one side of each exercise.
- Do not film into the mirror.
- The entire dancer should be visible throughout the video (no close-ups).
- Variations and performance footage is not required.
- The deadline to submit for MYB’s Summer Program is June 1. Enrollment in the year round program is on-going. If you complete your application but do not upload your video or have your DVD postmarked by August 31, you will be required to fill out another application on September 1.
Begin your video by stating your name, age, and date of birth. Include the following components:
Barre Work: Plié, Tendu, Adagio, Grand Battement
Center Work: Adagio, Pirouettes, Petit Allegro, Grand Allegro
Men: Two turning combinations, Tours en l’air, Petit Allegro with beats
Pointe Work: (Students with less than 6 months experience en pointe should do all work facing the barre) Relevé, Sous-sus, Passé, Échappé, Pique Turns, Pirouettes
DVDs can also be mailed:
Maryland Youth Ballet
ATTN: Pascha Barnwell, Registrar
926 Ellsworth Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Students are expected to make their own housing and transportation arrangements. MYB does not provide supervision for underage participants. Several hotels are within a 3/4 mile radius of MYB. Listings may also be available for possible host families. Roommate pairing may be available with other dancers attending the program. If accepted into the program, on your registration form please indicate the housing option(s) for which you would like to receive more information.